Course Certificates are accepted by all County Sheriffs in Minnesota.
The 10-32 Trainers Advanced Minnesota Permit to Carry Course five hour course EXCEEDING the training requirements to obtain a Minnesota Permit to Carry a pistol. The course also meets the training requirements for renewing a Minnesota Permit to Carry. The course includes instruction in the fundamentals of pistol use, legal principles of pistol possession and carrying a handgun as well as basic tactics and best practices in the safe and legal use of a firearm in defense of yourself and others. The training certificate issued upon completion of this course is recognized by all Minnesota Sheriffs.
Carry Permit Time Lines:
- Your permit will expire FIVE YEARS after issue.
- When you apply you need to have a TRAINING CERTIFICATE less than a year old
- You can apply to RENEW your permit 90 DAYS before your permit expires.
- THIRTY DAYS after your permit expires, you can no longer renew but you can apply for a new permit
- Hennepin and Ramsey County are only accepting applications (for new or renewals) by appointment. They have been known to be scheduled out for as much as 12 weeks.
Carry Permit Classes
Classes start at 11:00am and last until about 5:00pm.
Starting October 15th, Thursday classes start at 3:00pm and last until about 8:00pm.
The class itself is about five hours with the objective to teach you how to survive an attack physically, morally, legally, and financially. You will also participate in an individually timed shooting qualification exercise consisting of 30 rounds which will take five to ten minutes per student.
The Certificate of Training from this class can be used as evidence of training for those applying for a new permit as well as those renewing their permits.
- Conflict Avoidance
- Use of Threatening Deadly Force
- Everyday Police Encounters
- Choosing a Handgun for Carry
- Mechanics of Everyday Carry
- Legalities of Carry in Minnesota
- Out of State Travel
- Shooting Qualification
- Permit Application Process
- Answering Your Questions
- Financial Issues after Using Lethal Force
- Insuring the expense of your legal defense
- 10-32 Trainers Resources
The 10-32 Trainers Advanced Minnestoa Permit to Carry Course includes:
- Student PowerPoint workbook
Note: Handguns will be available for shooting qualifiactions. Ammunition is NOT included.
Advanced Handgun Carry Classes
This class is designed for carry permit holders or those new to carry who wish to take training at a higher level. The classroom portion is roughly four hours long with the objective to provide you with updated information regarding carrying in the state of Minnesota as well as detailed strategies for conflict avoidance, use and the threat of force, carry techniques, and firearm retention. You will also participate in an individually timed shooting exercise consisting of 30 rounds which will take five to ten minutes per student.
Note: Bring at least two magazines or a speed loader for the shooting exercise. Ammunition is NOT included.
The Certificate of Training from this class can be used as evidence of training for those applying for new as well as those who are renewing their permits.
The Minnesota Permit to carry class is $125 per person.