Joseph J. Rauscher began Joe's as a Buick repair garage in 1930. Many of his customers found a need for live bait, so Joe began to sell minnows. Soon the garage became known as Joe's Live Bait. The business really began to grow after World War II. On August 1, 1959, Joseph J. Rauscher sold the store to his son & daughter-in-law, Joseph D. and Loretta J. Rauscher. The ski business was added in October 1963. As the stores sales continued to grow, expansions were done in 1965, 1969, 1972, 1976, and the last in 1989.
In August of 2003, Joe's opened our current store on 33 East County Rd B. The store on Dale St. was closed at the same time. In 2007, we launched our internet store so that we could cater to customer's nation wide.
Today the store is owned by Joseph H. and James T. Rauscher, sons of Joe and Loretta.
SIA US Retailer of the Year
For three out of the past four years our shop has received the SIA Retailer of the Year award for our contributions to the snow sports industry. We hope that our knowledgeable staff can help you get geared up for this upcoming season.
Children's Cancer Research Fund, Butterfly Award Recepient
Joe’s Sporting Goods – Ski Shop Inc. was recognized by Children’s Cancer Research with one of five awards given out at the CCRF Annual Meeting and Partnership Summit this past fall. Joe’s received the Butterfly Award (part of the Community Category) for their ongoing commitment in the battle against childhood cancer. To date Joe’s has raised and donated over $100,000 to Children’s Cancer Research Fund.
2012 Best Family Ski Shop
Congratulations to Jim and Joe Rauscher and the entire Staff here at Joe's Ski Shop, who just received the "Skiing Business, 2012 Industry Award for Best Family Ski Shop"! Again, congratulations to our Staff along with Jim and Joe on this award!
From left to right: Jorden Rauscher (son of Joe Rauscher), Jason Gohdes (son-in-law of Joe Rauscher), Joe Rauscher (owner), Carrie Ogaard (sister of Joe & Jim), Jim Rauscher (owner), and Jenner Rauscher (son of Joe Rauscher).